Updated April 10th, 2022
Festival Rules & Terms
By submitting to Cosmic Film Festival, you agree to the following:
(1) Entrants grant Cosmic Film Festival permission to use images and excerpts of each submitted film, for promotional purposes upon acceptance into the festival. This includes posters/overviews/trailers/clips on the festival's social media and website. If you would like to opt out from this, please contact Cosmic Film Festival organizers within 5 working days of your notification of acceptance into the festival.
(2) Entries must be in English, with the exception of any foreign film which must contain English subtitles. If any foreign film submission does not contain the required subtitles, it will be automatically disqualified. No refunds.
(3) Only completed film entries and short screenplay entries will be accepted. The Entrant has the right to withdraw their entry, and may do so prior to the final deadline. The entry fee is non-refundable.
(4) All Films must be 120 minutes or less. All Short Screenplays must be 40 pages or less.
(5) Entries accepted for inclusion in the festival will be notified by the notification date. Cosmic Film Festival does not guarantee notification of non-inclusion in the festival.
(6) All Winning Participants who do not claim their Q&A prize upon receival of interview questions via email within 14 days will not be eligible to claim the Q&A prize.
(7) All Entrants and Participants shall indemnify and hold harmless Cosmic Film Festival and its agents and representatives against all damages, liabilities, claims, losses, and/or expenses which may result from claims involving the digital submissions.
(8) All Winning entries must be ready to send a 1 to 3 minute trailer of the film upon acceptance to the festival, to be featured in our website, and other media. If a trailer is not provided, their film poster will be used in place.
(9) Filmmakers and screenwriters warrant that all work is original and that all rights have been secured.
(10) Entrants must enter in a main category to qualify for an ADD-ON category. Any films that are not already entered in a main category will be disqualified if the film is not submitted in a main category by the session deadline.
Laurels are available to download immediately after notification of selection or awards.
Winners and Finalists will be contacted via CosmicFilmFestInfo@gmail.com regarding their award certificates and prizes within 2 weeks after the festival date. If you are not contacted by this time, please let us know.
No WAIVERS will be given at this time.
The "Event Date" will be the date that Winners, Finalists, and Honorable Mentions are announced. Our website will go live with all of the Winners and Finalist listings alongside their trailers and film posters.
Entries are allowed in multiple categories.